DegreeC is looking for a Applications Specialist who will interface with both our Sales and Marketing staff, and provide support documentation for our products, and applications and blog content to support our sales efforts. The role will also work between Customers, Sales and Engineering team to develop and articulate technical specifications and related graphics for customized product quotations.
· Develop and maintain product datasheets, user manuals, and technical specifications on any media for new and existing products.
· Understand customer technical requirements and develop, gather and disseminate information.
· Clearly articulate and document technical proposals, and statements of work, referenced by new sales quotations.
· Develop application notes on products for web sharing, blog, social media, and e-directs.
· Maintain a weekly blog posted on our website to drive technical understanding.
· Maintain a weekly LinkedIn posting(s).
· Advise Sales and Engineering of any product improvement suggestions, new regulations and monitor market trends.
· Answer existing customer technical questions and provide solutions to identified issues.
Measures of Success
· Development of a library of Application notes, Data Sheets & User Manuals explaining the products and use of products.
· Growth of LinkedIn followers.
· Weekly maintenance of Blog and LinkedIn feed
· Responding to documentation change requests and successful prioritization
· Rapid ECO sign off controlled documents
Experience and Skills
· 1-3 years of experience as applications or technical specialist.
· Demonstrated experience in technical writing and documentation control.
· A BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronic or Systems Engineering is preferred.
· Superb writing and grammar skills with strong word processing proficiency
· Experience in sensors and instruments or airflow measurement applications a plus.
· Demonstrated skills as a service-minded team player with excellent communication and relationship building skills.
· Adobe InDesign experience required.