Essential Job Functions
The DevSecOps Security Engineer will be a member of the Enterprise Security group that operates within the broader Client Enterprise technology organization that shares a core mission to create Stable, High Performing, Predictable, and Secure Networks and Platforms for our client customers. The focus will be on the advancement of our security tools and systems and the continual
improvement of disciplined processes for compliance and risk management. We will combine these fundamentals with the application of the latest Automation and Deep Learning technologies to best protect our Vonage networks and those of our customers.
As a DevSecOps engineer, she/he will work in close partnership with application developers and network/infrastructure/technology teams, as well as Security Managers and Compliance Auditors on implementing DevSecOps risk mitigation initiatives and delivering on timely remediation of any findings. She/He will provide leadership in the DevSecOps areas of Vulnerability Scanning, Certificate Management, Password Policy Management, Data Analysis of security monitoring outputs, coordination of Remediation Patching, and other daily Security and Compliance efforts. Additionally, she/he will assist in developing an automated security framework for robust deployment tools and processes, leveraging various scripting languages and open source solutions.
Specific Requirements (Technical Knowledge, Software, Etc.)
Required Skills: Well qualified candidates should have:
● Experience working with Developers, DevOps, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment to promote/implement the DevSecOps program throughout the organization.
● Experience coordinating and performing vulnerability assessments through the use of automated and manual tools (Tenable, NMAP, etc).
● Ability to review and analyze vulnerability data to identify security risks to the organization’s network, infrastructure, and application’s and determine any reported vulnerabilities that are false positives.
● Capability to prepare security vulnerability and risk management reports for management.
● Leadership and Teaming skills to coordinate remediation of vulnerabilities within established timeframes.
● Proficiency in C/C++ Programming and Bash, Python or other scripting languages.
● Familiarity with Information Security frameworks/standards (i.e. CIS, NIST, RFC2196, etc).
● Comprehension in the security areas of Key Management Systems, Certificate Management, Encryption, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Security and Monitoring tools, etc.
● Experience configuring, implementing and leveraging computer security and networking diagnostic/monitoring tools.
● Knowledge of Windows and Linux patch management and related information security functions (authentication, encryption, iptables, SSL, Ciphers, etc)
● Working knowledge of industry best practices with regards to information security
● Ability to work with APIs and Plugins to integrate security tools into established CI/CD
Highly Desirable Skills:
● DevOps Automation: Puppet, Ansible, GitHub
● CISM, CISSP or other Security Certifications.
● Familiarity with API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security
● Knowledge of PCI-DSS, HIPPA, SOX, GDPR, and CCPA Standards and Policies and the associated certification and audit processes
● Auditing and Compliance Certifications such as CISA, PCI-ISA, and PCIP.
● Familiarity with Amazon AWS Policy, Configuration, and Security Management tools.
● Experience with security automation and machine learning
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or commensurate experience