AWS Cloud Engineer
NOTE FROM CLIENT MANAGER:
They need to have a wide knowledge and experience with AWS services. They also need a firm understanding of infrastructure as code utilizing CloudFormation.
The AWS Engineer/Architect leads the migration of enterprise infrastructure into the AWS cloud platform of services. The AWS Engineer/Architect works with Agile Development Teams and supports their use of back-end and front-end technologies in development efforts, including software and application development, database establishment and management, testing, systems engineering, security and user experience, necessary to deliver mission capabilities to internal clients.
• Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions,
• Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools,
• Serves as senior technical resource in development team’s efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient,
• Participates in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are implemented,
• Participates in planning, implementation, and growth of K12’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) foundational footprint,
• Works closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements,
• Works with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS,
• Works with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS,
• Migrates existing databases from on premise to AWS using various tools including but not limited to AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool,
• Provides expertise around Business Intelligence (BI) Cloud reporting tools,
• Reviews coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues,
• Monitors and performance tunes Cloud environment,
• Develops test protocols or plans for testing revised application and review test results,
• Serves as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project,
• May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process;
• Responsible for sharing 24/7 on-call duties with other team members.
>• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineer, Math or related field or equivalent experience AND • Minimum of 5 years enterprise IT experience that includes at least 3 years of hands-on Cloud migration, Operations, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture AND • Minimum of 3 years cloud computing experience using publicly available services OR • Equivalent combination of education and experience Certificates and Licenses: AWS Certification OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Experience with migrations to the Cloud, from both Physical & Virtual environments • Hands-on AWS solution delivery working with EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, Auto Scaling, EBS, VPC, ELB, API Gateways, Kinesis, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Route 53, and SSO • In depth understanding of authentication and authorization services • Ability to understand and support network, system and application security hardening, penetration testing, and continuous monitoring • Experience with data intake processes, database technologies and other data services technologies in AWS • Experience with deploying AWS direct connect • Advanced knowledge of the AWS services • Understanding of application, server, and network security • Experience working for or working with institutions of varying sizes • Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency
||AWS Cloud Engineer